Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hope

 
 
Several months ago a dear friend sent me a bracelet that had silver blocks spelling out HOPE. It was an unexpected but cherished gift that has always been with me. It helped me stay focused, it helped me remember to never give up, it reminded me that our family is loved by people who have never met us.
 
Yesterday the bracelet broke and I was heartbroken. I gently picked up all the pieces and placed them lovingly in my wallet, and then I went back to caring for my daughter.
 
As I waited for Brandi to finish her test today I pulled the pieces of the bracelet out and thought about how much hope has been a part of our lives for the last three years. At times hope and faith have been the only things keeping us going, and of course Brandi's diabetic alert dog Hope has changed her life.
 
What I realized is just like my bracelet, it may seem as if your ability to hope is broken, but I've learned you just have to gather up the pieces, string them together with your faith, and nothing is impossible.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment