Thursday, August 8, 2013

Honoring my promise





Since Brandi is having surgery this week I have had to make the heart breaking decision to not participate in the Ride to Cure Diabetes in La Crosse, Wisconsin next week.  As much as I want to ride I simply must put my daughter's health and recovery first. Brandi has been and always will be my #1 priority.

However, I strongly believe that a person's word is their bond and a true measure of their character, so after talking with both my team captains (the one from my local JDRF and Moira, our Team Outspokin' leader) I have received approval to have my own personal Ride to Cure Diabetes.

So...here's my plan.

Brandi's recovery will take approximately 6-8 weeks (barring any complications) so on one of my weekends off in October I will be hitting the Katie Trail in St. Louis and making good on my promise to ride in honor of all those who live with diabetes.  The ride is TENTATIVELY either the weekend of October 5th or October 19th.

You all have supported my ride efforts both emotionally and financially and I WILL honor my commitment.  I may not have a crowd or get the pretty medal, but I will have the satisfaction of honoring all the men, women, boys and girls who have shown such strength and courage.

Thank you all for the love and support you've given. I plan to make you proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment