Thursday, February 14, 2013

But I thought she was better!

 
 
Yesterday I created my first ever "movie" on Window Live Movie Maker. Nothing fancy, just a collection of family photos to tell Brandi's story.  I wanted to put a link to the movie on my JDRF Ride to Cure page so people who we didn't know our family could get a better idea of my inspiration to ride, kind of the "a picture is worth a thousand words" concept.

Within minutes of posting a link on my Facebook page I started getting messages, SEVERAL messages from people who thought Brandi was no longer sick, which is definitely NOT the case.

Brandi asked me a few months ago to stop making so many posts about her. She didn't want to be seen as the "poor sick girl"and she definitely doesn't want anyone's pity. I understood and immediately stopped posting her day to day status. A person has a right to privacy and I didn't want to violate hers.

I was actually kind of surprised that Brandi agreed to let me upload the video, but she knows how important the Ride to a Cure is to me and how important the money I'll raise is to fund research for a cure, so she sucked it up and told me to go ahead.

Brandi is still very sick, she still lives the majority of her life in bed and she still needs a transplant.
Her diabetic alert dog has been a great tool to help us stay on top of Brandi's blood sugar levels but she still uses an obscene amount of insulin, and although Hope has become part of our family she is still a tool, not a cure.

I will do everything in my power to raise money to find a cure for diabetes, because a cure is what's needed,  not only Brandi but for Liam, Nettie, Cameron, Abbey, Gracie, Gus, Jack, Lauren... ALL of my friend's diabetic kids and every other diabetic as well. I'll walk until my feet bleed,  I'll ride until I fall off my bike in exhaustion, but I won't give up.

Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment